Cadbury 2023 Wrapped!
We celebrated record results this year at Cadbury and our pass rate went UP for the third year running!
BBC Breakfast visited us ahead of A Level Results Day to film an interview with our student Zeeshan, who was nervously (but confidently!) awaiting his exam grades.
Among our star students were:
• Florida who achieved A*AA and is now at the University of Birmingham studying Biochemistry
• Arun who got AAA and is now studying Law at the University of Nottingham
• Sherika who achieved A*AB and started an apprenticeship with tax, audit and advisory firm Grant Thornton
• T Level students Lucy and Jessica, who both achieved Distinctions. Lucy is now studying Primary Education at Manchester Metropolitan University and Jessica is studying Counselling at Newman University.
Our state-of-the-art STEM centre is now complete and students are now beginning their first year of studies in this brand-new £10 million Science City campus.
Thanks to Old Friends Care Ltd – a local domiciliary care company, our Level 3 Health and Social Care students were able to complete their moving and handling training, and learn more about care assistant and care manager job roles in the healthcare industry.
Criminology students had the opportunity to immerse themselves in mock crime scenes and discover the fascinating world of collecting and analysing evidence at a CSI day with CSI Training Events.
• Cadbury Culture Day celebrated the amazing diversity of our college.
• King Charles III’s royal representative Deputy Lieutenant Ian Sargeant OBE was a special guest at the Cadbury Big Coronation Party and tree planting ceremony.
• Creative Arts students wrapped up their studies in style with a striking End of Year Show.
• Spanish A Level students put their language skills to effective use in Malaga
• English Language & Literature, French, and Early Modern History students explored the cultural and historic sights of Paris
• 3D Design students got a chance to catch the quirky Arnifurniture exhibition at the Design Museum and the inspirational Herzog & De Meuron exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts
• Science students spent an incredible day at BBC Birmingham where they teamed up with BBC STEM Ambassadors, who are experts in using and communicating science
• Performing Arts students went to see an immersive-style production of Guys & Dolls at the Bridge Theatre in London and had fun interacting with the cast members
• Ex-professional football player Luke Staton and entrepreneurial success David Baldwin hosted an Empowerment Day for Business and Finance students. David shared his story of building up his family business and selling it for £250m!
• Stage star Nic Myers worked with our Performing Arts Students on a Cabaret Masterclass. Nic, who has just returned from a four-mouth residency at the Lido in Paris performing in Cabaret, taught students choreography
• Law students from Cadbury got real-life Crown Court experience in a Bar Mock Trial Competition.
Cadbury’s new Fab Lab was awarded funding from Millennium Point to invest in emerging technologies. The funding has been used to set up a 3D Immersive Learning Lab, introducing innovative STEM-related learning projects, such as virtual reality programming.
Stars of Tomorrow
• One of Cadbury’s Star Alumni Khalid Daley – currently starring in Hamilton – returned from the West End to run a musical theatre masterclass for Performing Arts students
• Science student Zainab Mallah was one of the 2023 finalists for Further Education/Higher Education Student of the Year in the Titan Awards at Aston University.
We’re looking forward to even more in 2024! Join us on our journey 😊