- Start research early – there are a lot of higher education options to choose from!
- Know the deadlines – for some courses, the application deadline is almost a year in advance of when the course starts.
- Browse through courses – so they can work out what they would enjoy or be interested in.
- Go to UCAS events and course provider open days – speak to us and higher education staff to get answers to their questions.
- Check entry requirements – make sure they can get the grades they need to get a place on a course.
- Redraft their personal statement – get plenty of feedback and refine it until they’re happy.
- Understand student finance – so they can make the best arrangements to fund their studies.
- Be prepared for results day – make sure they’re prepared for all the possible outcomes.
- Understand how Extra and Clearing work – different ways to apply for more courses.
- Follow UCAS on Facebook and Twitter and tune in regularly to get advice and ask questions.
(All above links are external)