Information Technology & Creative Technology BTEC Sub Diploma
This qualification is designed for learners who are interested in an introduction to the study of creating IT systems to manage and share information, alongside other fields of study, with a view to progressing to a wide range of higher education courses, not necessarily in IT.
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 including English.
What will I study?
- 1 A-Level
- Pearson Education Ltd
- Unit 1: Information Technology Systems (synoptic). Learners study the role of computer systems and the implications of their use in personal and professional situations.
- Unit 2: Creating Systems to Manage Information. Learners study the design, creation, testing and evaluation of a relational database system to manage information.
- Unit 3: Using Social Media in Business. Learners explore how businesses use social media to promote their products and services. Learners also implement social media activities in a business to meet requirements.
This qualification includes a choice from these optional units:
- Unit 5: Data Modelling. Learners study how data modelling can be used to solve problems. They will design and implement a data model to meet client requirements.
- Unit 6: Website Development. Learners investigate website development principles. They will design and develop a website using scripting languages.
Unit 1 – Written examination, set and marked by Pearson. 90 marks. Two hours.
Unit 2 – A task set by Pearson and completed under supervised conditions. The supervised assessment period is 10 hours arranged over a number of sessions in a 1 week assessment period timetables by Pearson. Completed using a computer, and submitted electronically. 66 marks.
To apply for this course click here.