Business Studies - BTEC Extended Diploma
The BTEC structure has changed now and there is a requirement for students to complete a mixture internally assessed assignments and also externally assessed examinations. Here at Cadbury there are three routes to choose from:
- The BTEC Extended Certificate (equivalent to 1 A Level)
- The Diploma (equivalent to 2 A Levels)
- The Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A Levels)
Your choice should depend upon your interest in business as a subject area and your career aspirations.
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 including English and a subject that requires essay writing.
- Please click here to see grades conversions in line with the new grading system.
- Desired G-Score 5.0.
- A keen interest in current affairs is desirable and there is a lot of independent reading to do.
What will I study?
- 3 A-Levels
- Pearson Education Ltd
(Unit 1) Exploring a business (internally assessed)
(Unit 2) Developing a marketing campaign (externally assessed)
(Unit 3) Personal and business finance ((externally assessed)
(Unit 8) Recruitment and selection process (Internally assessed)
(Unit 6) Principles of business management (externally assessed)
(Unit 4) Managing an event (internally assessed)
(Unit 5) International business (internally assessed)
(Unit 9) Team building in business (internally assessed)
Plus another 5 units chosen by the teacher from a selection including Law, Finance or Marketing
Where does it lead?
Students can progress onto degrees or employment in business, marketing and research as well as being able to access a range of related careers or degree courses.
To apply for this course click here.