Financial Studies (CeFS)
The Certificate in Financial Studies (CeFS) teaches students about the financial services industry and how to apply the appropriate solutions available within the evolving financial services marketplace. The qualification will enable learners to make informed and confident decisions regarding their finances. It will help learners to become responsible borrowers and sensible savers, and to have an appreciation of the need for financial planning throughout their life. CeFS is a Level 3 qualification, which is benchmarked at equivalent to an AS Level. Upon completion on the CeFS, students can study for a further year to achieve the Diploma in Financial Studies (DipFS). The Diploma is also a Level 3 qualification, benchmarked as an A2 equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs, 2 at grade B and 3 at Grade C, including English and Maths.
- Please click here to see grades conversions in line with the new grading system.
- Desired G-Score 5.0
- A keen interest in current affairs is desirable and there is a lot of independent reading to do.
What will I study?
- London Institute of Banking & Finance
- Examination - 100%
This qualification will encourage students to:
- analyse financial information, financial services products and services and begin to make judgements about suitability for people in different circumstances
- understand financial concepts and terminology
- analyse, synthesise, evaluate and reflect
- demonstrate numeracy skills including the ability to manipulate financial and other numerical data
- select appropriate data and information to make arguments
- structure and communicate ideas logically and coherently
- increase their ability to work and learn independently
Where does it lead?
The IFS offer full-time undergraduate degree qualifications including Banking Practice & Management, Finance & Accounting for Financial Services and Finance, Investment and Risk – all of which can be studied in the UK. This qualification earns UCAS points in the same way as A-Levels and is widely recognised.
For those wishing to seek employment after A-Levels, this course provides an excellent base from which to enter the banking and insurance industries. The qualifications are well-respected by industry and many professionals, already employed, study Institute of Financial Studies qualifications as part of their professional development.
“I studied Financial Studies with Travel & Tourism and Law at Cadbury College. I am now studying a degree in International Business and Management at Aston University.”