Free Laptop Or Buss Pass For New Students
BUS PASS AND LAPTOP OFFER FOR NEW STUDENTS (September 2017)
Students enrolling at Cadbury College for the first time (in August/September 2017) will be offered the choice of free City-wide bus passes or, alternatively a free laptop. Those students who qualify for the national Bursary scheme (household income below £22,000 per year) will get a bus-pass and a laptop*.
Terms and Conditions
- To receive the offer all students must pay their £25 book deposit. This deposit is returned when the student leaves the College*.
- Bus passes are issued on a termly basis.
- The second and consecutive bus passes can only be issued if attendance in the preceding term has been good (90% or better).
- Lost bus passes will not be replaced.
- Laptops will be issued after students have completed six weeks of study at the College.
- The laptops will have a two-year hardware warranty – faults will be rectified at no cost to the student.
- The laptops will have Windows 10 installed. Students will need to install their own Office 365 software via a free-of-charge account provided by the College. A few courses have specialist software requirements for coursework and these licences will be provided.
- Students provided with laptops are responsible for their safe keeping – damage and the cost of repair is their responsibility, although the College will do its best to effect repairs as cheaply as possible.
- Students whose attendance falls below 90% by the end of the Spring term in their first year at Cadbury will lose their right to this offer and will have to return their machine to the College.
- *Students receiving financial support from the Bursary scheme will have to return their laptop to the College when they complete their studies or pay £25 to keep it – effectively, they will give up their book deposit.
Posted by Cadbury College on 6 September 2017
Category: Cadbury College